Bid to open adult gaming centre on Gorleston High Street
- Credit: Google Maps
The jingle of slot machines could be coming to a busy high street as a leisure company bids to open an adult gaming centre.
MJS Amusements Ltd has applied to Great Yarmouth Borough Council to change the use of a premises on Gorleston High Street.
This would include a premises licence issued under the Gambling Act.
The building has been vacant for at least a year, having formerly traded as clothing store New Look.
According to the application, the business would have four full-time and two part-time employees and would open every day from 8am to 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
A supporting document states that it is not an application for an amusement arcade and that the business would "enhance and support the town centre economy".
A decision is expected by July 30
- 1 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 2 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 5 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 8 'Curiouser and curiouser' - Mystery white rabbit graffiti appears on coast
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
MJS Amusements Ltd runs other gaming venues around the borough including Ocean Bay Amusements and Bingo at Pier Gardens in Gorleston and Marine Amusements on Marine Parade.
Members of the public have until July 12 to comment on the bid. Full details of the application can be seen on the borough council's planning portal.