Gorleston house set for go-ahead
PLANS to build a house on Bells Road look set to win approval next week, despite objections from neighbours. The scheme, which will see a house built in the gap between 23 and 25 Bells Road, was due to be considered at last month's meeting of the borough council's development control committee.
PLANS to build a house on Bells Road look set to win approval next week, despite objections from neighbours.
The scheme, which will see a house built in the gap between 23 and 25 Bells Road, was due to be considered at last month's meeting of the borough council's development control committee.
However, the application by Gilarwest Developments was deferred after plans had been amended. Proposals to sub-divide 23 Bells Road to form a new dwelling had been ditched.
Neighbours have objected to the revised plans, claiming it would result in overdevelopment and cause parking and drainage problems.
You may also want to watch:
A previous application to build five terraced houses and two flats on the opposite side of the road was refused on the grounds it would increase the density of the area. However, in a report planning officers have said the new proposals are in line with the existing houses and that it would “not affect the amenities of any of the adjoining dwellings by virtue of overlooking and shadowing”.
Highways have made no objections to the plan about parking and planning officers say they are satisfied the sewer system will be able to cope with the new property.
- 1 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 2 Man accused of murder of woman in Gorleston could stand trial in May
- 3 See inside new homes taking shape at former Pontins holiday park
- 4 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 5 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 6 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 7 Council could buy five properties for rough sleepers with complex needs
- 8 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 9 Are customers still wearing face masks?
- 10 'It's a marvellous day for Yarmouth' - Marina Centre reaches milestone
The meeting is on Tuesday at the Town Hall at 6pm.