Gorleston house set for go-ahead
PLANS to build a house on Bells Road look set to win approval next week, despite objections from neighbours. The scheme, which will see a house built in the gap between 23 and 25 Bells Road, was due to be considered at last month's meeting of the borough council's development control committee.
PLANS to build a house on Bells Road look set to win approval next week, despite objections from neighbours.
The scheme, which will see a house built in the gap between 23 and 25 Bells Road, was due to be considered at last month's meeting of the borough council's development control committee.
However, the application by Gilarwest Developments was deferred after plans had been amended. Proposals to sub-divide 23 Bells Road to form a new dwelling had been ditched.
Neighbours have objected to the revised plans, claiming it would result in overdevelopment and cause parking and drainage problems.
A previous application to build five terraced houses and two flats on the opposite side of the road was refused on the grounds it would increase the density of the area. However, in a report planning officers have said the new proposals are in line with the existing houses and that it would “not affect the amenities of any of the adjoining dwellings by virtue of overlooking and shadowing”.
Highways have made no objections to the plan about parking and planning officers say they are satisfied the sewer system will be able to cope with the new property.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 5 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 8 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 9 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
- 10 Wimbledon hopes come to an end for Norfolk tennis ace
The meeting is on Tuesday at the Town Hall at 6pm.