'Everyone needs community' - new parent and toddler group in Gorleston
- Credit: Magpie
A new baby and toddler has launched in Gorleston, offering a community space for parents and children.
New parent and toddler group Magpies will take place every Monday during term time at St Mary Magdalene Church.
Magpies provide up to 90 minute sessions, which includes a soft play area, toys and craft activities for children and their families.
Hannah Ashpole, who together with her husband, Matt, organised the sessions after being unable to mix with other parents in the previous year due to Covid restrictions.
Mrs Ashpole said: “Having been through recent lockdowns where we haven’t had much support from one another, and the main thing is community.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone needs community.
"We are keen for this to be a place where all feel welcome.”
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 3 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 4 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 7 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 8 Where can you see Father Christmas in the borough?
- 9 New boost for the Wellesley
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
Magpies takes place every Monday during term time at 10am at St Mary Magdalene Church in Gorleston (entrance through the main doors off Magdalen Square).
Pre-booking is currently required and Hannah can be contacted on email@example.com or via the group's Facebook page.