Gorleston man appointed to NHS board
A GORLESTON man has been reappointed as a non-executive director to the board at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney. John Plaskett will take up his role from March 1 until August 31 this year after the reappointed by the appointments commission.
A GORLESTON man has been reappointed as a non-executive director to the board at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
John Plaskett will take up his role from March 1 until August 31 this year after the reappointed by the appointments commission.
Mr Plaskett first joined the board as a non-executive director in 2006 following a successful career in accountancy and management. He has also worked in sales and marketing and as both director and managing director of Norfolk-based electronics companies.
Mr Plaskett currently runs a business which markets electronic components across Europe from its headquarters in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I have always had an interest in developing a better understanding of the health economy, and first applied to become a non-executive director because I felt I wanted to put something into the local community.
“The past two years have been a time of change for the NHS, and I hope that my business experience has proved useful to NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney over this period. I am looking forward to continuing to work closely with the primary care trust during the coming months as we drive through key improvement projects for the benefit of our community.”
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 4 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 8 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown
- 9 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
As a non-executive director, Mr Plaskett will receive a remuneration of �7,765 a year. He has no declared political affiliations and does not hold other ministerial appointments.
All non-executive appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for appointees' political activity (if any declared) to be made public.