Gorleston man appointed to NHS board
A GORLESTON man has been reappointed as a non-executive director to the board at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney. John Plaskett will take up his role from March 1 until August 31 this year after the reappointed by the appointments commission.
A GORLESTON man has been reappointed as a non-executive director to the board at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
John Plaskett will take up his role from March 1 until August 31 this year after the reappointed by the appointments commission.
Mr Plaskett first joined the board as a non-executive director in 2006 following a successful career in accountancy and management. He has also worked in sales and marketing and as both director and managing director of Norfolk-based electronics companies.
Mr Plaskett currently runs a business which markets electronic components across Europe from its headquarters in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I have always had an interest in developing a better understanding of the health economy, and first applied to become a non-executive director because I felt I wanted to put something into the local community.
“The past two years have been a time of change for the NHS, and I hope that my business experience has proved useful to NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney over this period. I am looking forward to continuing to work closely with the primary care trust during the coming months as we drive through key improvement projects for the benefit of our community.”
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
As a non-executive director, Mr Plaskett will receive a remuneration of �7,765 a year. He has no declared political affiliations and does not hold other ministerial appointments.
All non-executive appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for appointees' political activity (if any declared) to be made public.