Gorleston man appointed to NHS board
A GORLESTON man has been reappointed as a non-executive director to the board at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney. John Plaskett will take up his role from March 1 until August 31 this year after the reappointed by the appointments commission.
A GORLESTON man has been reappointed as a non-executive director to the board at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
John Plaskett will take up his role from March 1 until August 31 this year after the reappointed by the appointments commission.
Mr Plaskett first joined the board as a non-executive director in 2006 following a successful career in accountancy and management. He has also worked in sales and marketing and as both director and managing director of Norfolk-based electronics companies.
Mr Plaskett currently runs a business which markets electronic components across Europe from its headquarters in Norwich.
He said: “I have always had an interest in developing a better understanding of the health economy, and first applied to become a non-executive director because I felt I wanted to put something into the local community.
“The past two years have been a time of change for the NHS, and I hope that my business experience has proved useful to NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney over this period. I am looking forward to continuing to work closely with the primary care trust during the coming months as we drive through key improvement projects for the benefit of our community.”
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing 30 jobs shifts to new site
- 2 Injuries reported after crash closes road in Great Yarmouth
- 3 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 4 Pregnancy joy for slimmer who lost over 6 stone for IVF
- 5 Great Yarmouth in 2022 - Key trends to look out for this year
- 6 'We need to live our lives' - Mercury survey reveals Covid impact
- 7 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 8 10 rescued pets looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 9 Seven flats proposed on site of former children's home
- 10 Teen who achieved salon dream is national award finalist
As a non-executive director, Mr Plaskett will receive a remuneration of �7,765 a year. He has no declared political affiliations and does not hold other ministerial appointments.
All non-executive appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for appointees' political activity (if any declared) to be made public.