Gorleston man jailed after wedding attack
A 24-YEAR-OLD man who broke a barman’s arm at a wedding has been jailed for eight months.
Thomas Norman, of Drudge Road, Gorleston, was at a wedding in Toft Monks, near Beccles, when the incident happened on June 26 last year.
Norman was having an argument with a woman outside the venue when a member of staff approached him to try and calm the situation.
The 60-year-old victim was then punched in the shoulder and fell to the floor, breaking his arm.
Norman appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday where he was sentenced to six months imprisonment after pleading guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
He was jailed for a further two months for being in breach of a court order.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 10 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business