Gorleston pub closed after police swoop
A GORLESTON pub has been closed after police executed a warrant on Friday (October 2). Officers visited the New Commodore, on the High Street, as part of a multi-agency operation, prompted by concerns from members of the public.
A GORLESTON pub has been closed after police executed a warrant on Friday (October 2).
Officers visited the New Commodore, on the High Street, as part of a multi-agency operation, prompted by concerns from members of the public.
The premise was closed down by officers from Great Yarmouth Borough Council's Environmental Health team and two people were arrested during the operation.
A 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and on suspicion of being in breach of her licence.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old man was arrested for possession of a controlled drug and has also been released on bail until November 18.
The woman has been released on police bail until November 18 pending further enquiries.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 6 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 7 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 8 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
The multi-agency operation involved staff from Norfolk Police, Department for Work and Pensions, Customs and Excise, Trading Standards and the borough council's Environmental Health team.