Gorleston RNLI shop opens doors today
THE Great Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI lifeboat shop opens its doors from today with souvenirs and gifts on sale seven days a week until October. The shop, adjacent to the Riverside Road station, will be open daily from 10.
THE Great Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI lifeboat shop opens its doors from today with souvenirs and gifts on sale seven days a week until October.
The shop, adjacent to the Riverside Road station, will be open daily from 10.30am to 4pm.
Virginia Fox, who helps manage the shop, said last year's trial Saturday openings proved to be a great success.
“Saturdays used to be changeover day in the holiday season but more people are visiting the area at weekends now. We are lucky to have so many volunteers willing to give some of their time to keep the shop open every day”.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are pictured outside the shop.
Meanwhile, Yarmouth and Gorleston lifeboat will hold its annual meeting on April 20 at the Pier Hotel, Gorleston, at 7pm.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
Members of the public are invited to learn more about the day-to-day running of the lifeboat, crew operations and fundraising facts.
The meeting, followed by a fish and chip supper, will be attended by crewmembers, station officials, the Ladies Lifeboat Guild and supporters.
Tickets cost �10 and are available from Mrs Cooper on 01493 664570.