Gorleston RNLI shop opens doors today
THE Great Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI lifeboat shop opens its doors from today with souvenirs and gifts on sale seven days a week until October. The shop, adjacent to the Riverside Road station, will be open daily from 10.
THE Great Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI lifeboat shop opens its doors from today with souvenirs and gifts on sale seven days a week until October.
The shop, adjacent to the Riverside Road station, will be open daily from 10.30am to 4pm.
Virginia Fox, who helps manage the shop, said last year's trial Saturday openings proved to be a great success.
“Saturdays used to be changeover day in the holiday season but more people are visiting the area at weekends now. We are lucky to have so many volunteers willing to give some of their time to keep the shop open every day”.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are pictured outside the shop.
Meanwhile, Yarmouth and Gorleston lifeboat will hold its annual meeting on April 20 at the Pier Hotel, Gorleston, at 7pm.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 3 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital
Members of the public are invited to learn more about the day-to-day running of the lifeboat, crew operations and fundraising facts.
The meeting, followed by a fish and chip supper, will be attended by crewmembers, station officials, the Ladies Lifeboat Guild and supporters.
Tickets cost �10 and are available from Mrs Cooper on 01493 664570.