Firefighters tackle blazing shed in Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a shed on a residential road in Gorleston.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of the fire at a property on Elmhurst Close at 12.42pm on Wednesday (May 27).
Neighbour Amber May Chialton-Frosdick said: “I had the back door open, I smelt burning from my room so got up and thought they were having a bonfire so I shut the door.
“About five minutes later I looked back again and I started to get concerned but it was still just smoke.
“Then I saw people around the front that were also concerned. I think people thought it was this house. Then I looked again and it was on fire.
“I heard all the bits coming off the fire on my utility room roof sounded like it was raining.
“I then heard the fire engines and saw them putting it out. They did a great job,” she said.
MORE: Firefighters called to town centre car blazeFire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the scene, with crews using hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and a hydrant.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
The fire was put out by 1.25pm.