Lights, camera, action - Gorleston stars in Danny Boyle’s Beatles film
- Credit: Archant
The movie world has moved to Gorleston as hit film maker Danny Boyle set up shop in the town to shoot scenes.
Today there was a flurry of activity in the Pier Gardens area as the film crew set up for scenes in a film about if The Beatles never existed, which is written by Richard Curtis and stars Lily James and a rumoured appearance by Ed Sheeran.
It was thought wedding scenes were shot at several locations in the town, such as the Ocean Room.
However the main plank of filming in the town will be next week when a night shoot is due to take place from Monday to Wednesday, leading to road closures by the seafront.
Hazel Watts, owner of the seafront Seabreeze Cafe, said crew and cast had enjoyed teas and coffees in her establishment and she delighted Gorleston’s profile had risen due to be chosen for the filming.
She also joked she had been keeping her eye out for Ed Sheeran.
Alterations are also being made to the exterior of some businesses so they fit in with the look of the film, which has already seen scenes filmed in Lowestoft, Halesworth and the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 3 Hundreds sign petition calling for coastal villages bus route to Norwich
- 4 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 5 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 6 Out of stock: Great Yarmouth food bank's uncertain future
- 7 Norfolk woman in running to be named best hair stylist in the country
- 8 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 9 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 10 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls