Gorleston store to put on Alice in Wonderland tea party for charity
- Credit: Archant © 2008
An Alice in Wonderland themed tea party is taking place at the Morrisons store in Gorleston this week.
The event is being held in the store’s cafe from 2 to 5pm on Thursday as part of the store’s Communi-Tea Party.
There will be a range of cakes on offer in exchange for donations to the health and social care charity, Morrisons’ national charity partner since 2014.
Hot drinks will also be available, along with activities including a raffle.
Customers can raise money for Sue Ryder by tucking into a tasty vanilla or chocolate tray bake, as Morrisons is donating every penny raised through the sales of these treats to the charity. Between 2pm and 4pm, 50p from every hot drink sold in the cafe will also go to the Raise a Smile partnership.
The store’s Community Champion, Sarah Jackson, said: “We’re very excited about our Communi-Tea Party for Sue Ryder and we hope lots of our customers and colleagues will come along and enjoy some tasty treats prepared in store by our expert bakers.”
“We chose the Mad Hatter theme because it appeals to all ages and we’ve sent invites to local guests including Helen Mc Dermott and Shirley Weymouth, Mayor of Great Yarmouth. We’re looking forward to welcoming guests into our store from across Gorleston and Great Yarmouth and raising as much money as possible for Sue Ryder.”
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 6 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 7 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 8 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 9 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 10 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
The Morrisons Communi-Tea Party for Sue Ryder will once again be held across Morrisons stores on the week of 25th April to 1st May following the success of the inaugural event last year, which raised £75,000 for the charity.
In total, the Morrisons Raise a Smile partnership with Sue Ryder has raised almost £5 million towards new community healthcare services, family support teams and Sue Ryder’s Online