Gorleston woman is a super slimmer
A GORLESTON woman whose life was tainted by post natal depression and a fear of leaving the house has turned her world around after she was crowned a slimming champion.
Julie Farman dropped three dress sizes and lost four stone six pounds in 33 weeks at her local Slimming World group- and she will now go forward to a national competition.
She decided to join the group after her post natal depression caused her to comfort eat and put on the pounds.
She said: “Last Christmas I was so depressed, tired and had no energy. The more I ate the worse I felt and the pounds went on.
“I really didn’t like what I saw in the mirror.”
You may also want to watch:
However, this Christmas Julie said she couldn’t wait to attend parties with her family and friends so she could show off her new figure.
Julie, who was awarded the Miss Slinky honour at her slimming group, added: “My consultant is wonderful, so supportive and never judgemental, she is a member of a group herself so knows exactly what we are all going through.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
“At first I was so apprehensive but your weight is confidential and there is no humiliation which is important to me”
“We have loads of fun at the group and I always stay for Image Therapy - it’s where we get support and inspiration from other members, as well as recipe ideas.”
The group’s consultant Cira McDonald added: “When Julie started her self esteem was so low but now she has blossomed into a confident lady.
“I am so proud of her, she has encouraged other people to join the group and is so supportive and inspirational- a truly fantastic lady.”
The Slimming World groups are held at Hopton village hall on Tuesdays at 7.30pm or on Thursdays at Cliff Park Infant School from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
For more information about joining the group, contact Cira on 07757742828.