Gorleston woman is a super slimmer
A GORLESTON woman whose life was tainted by post natal depression and a fear of leaving the house has turned her world around after she was crowned a slimming champion.
Julie Farman dropped three dress sizes and lost four stone six pounds in 33 weeks at her local Slimming World group- and she will now go forward to a national competition.
She decided to join the group after her post natal depression caused her to comfort eat and put on the pounds.
She said: “Last Christmas I was so depressed, tired and had no energy. The more I ate the worse I felt and the pounds went on.
“I really didn’t like what I saw in the mirror.”
You may also want to watch:
However, this Christmas Julie said she couldn’t wait to attend parties with her family and friends so she could show off her new figure.
Julie, who was awarded the Miss Slinky honour at her slimming group, added: “My consultant is wonderful, so supportive and never judgemental, she is a member of a group herself so knows exactly what we are all going through.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 10 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
“At first I was so apprehensive but your weight is confidential and there is no humiliation which is important to me”
“We have loads of fun at the group and I always stay for Image Therapy - it’s where we get support and inspiration from other members, as well as recipe ideas.”
The group’s consultant Cira McDonald added: “When Julie started her self esteem was so low but now she has blossomed into a confident lady.
“I am so proud of her, she has encouraged other people to join the group and is so supportive and inspirational- a truly fantastic lady.”
The Slimming World groups are held at Hopton village hall on Tuesdays at 7.30pm or on Thursdays at Cliff Park Infant School from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
For more information about joining the group, contact Cira on 07757742828.