Grant for Gorleston choir
A COMMUNITY choir that launched this year now has more than 70 members thanks to funding by Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS.Gorleston Community Choir, originally funded by Seachange Arts, received �2,000 from the NHS through its small grants scheme to purchase equipment.
A COMMUNITY choir that launched this year now has more than 70 members thanks to funding by Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS.
Gorleston Community Choir, originally funded by Seachange Arts, received �2,000 from the NHS through its small grants scheme to purchase equipment.
The choir has been asked to be the first group to perform at this year's Cliff Top Festival event on Sunday.
Jackie Whiting, the choir's musical director, said: “Our aim is to have fun rehearsing and performing a wide variety of popular music from the modern era including Lennon and McCartney, Josh Groban and others as well as songs from films and the theatre.
You may also want to watch:
“We are tackling some gospel and classical pieces too.”
Small groups with an annual turnover of up to �100,000 can apply for the grant.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
Further details are available from Waveney Community Forum by phoning 01502 582201 and Voluntary Norfolk on 01493 845925.
Support and guidance for groups wanting to develop projects is also available through the scheme