Grant for Gorleston choir
A COMMUNITY choir that launched this year now has more than 70 members thanks to funding by Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS.Gorleston Community Choir, originally funded by Seachange Arts, received �2,000 from the NHS through its small grants scheme to purchase equipment.
A COMMUNITY choir that launched this year now has more than 70 members thanks to funding by Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS.
Gorleston Community Choir, originally funded by Seachange Arts, received �2,000 from the NHS through its small grants scheme to purchase equipment.
The choir has been asked to be the first group to perform at this year's Cliff Top Festival event on Sunday.
Jackie Whiting, the choir's musical director, said: “Our aim is to have fun rehearsing and performing a wide variety of popular music from the modern era including Lennon and McCartney, Josh Groban and others as well as songs from films and the theatre.
“We are tackling some gospel and classical pieces too.”
Small groups with an annual turnover of up to �100,000 can apply for the grant.
- 1 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 2 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 3 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 4 'Sold as seen' - two-bed house gutted by fire goes on the market
- 5 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 6 Multiple fire crews tackle overnight blaze in Norfolk home
- 7 Mural in Great Yarmouth celebrating Queen's jubilee is defaced
- 8 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 9 Quaint Caister cottage fixer-upper goes under the hammer
- 10 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
Further details are available from Waveney Community Forum by phoning 01502 582201 and Voluntary Norfolk on 01493 845925.
Support and guidance for groups wanting to develop projects is also available through the scheme