Flats bid for derelict town centre office building
- Credit: Archant
A derelict office building in Great Yarmouth could see new life as a block of town centre flats.
The plan would have a listed property on King Street converted into four self-contained studios and a single one-bedroom apartment, with extensions built at the back of the house.
The building, opposite St George’s Theatre, is currently vacant and sits between a convenience store and electrical supply store.
A grade II listed building, it was once a shop and was converted into offices late last century.
A previous proposal to convert the premises into six flats was refused by the council.
In a document supporting the application, developers BMC Yarmouth Ltd, based in High Wycombe, state that the conversion would "bring back a degrading and derelict building into use without significant harm".
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the bid is expected by September 22.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 3 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 4 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 5 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 6 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse