Bid to build 30 affordable houses on former hospital site
- Credit: Google Maps
A bid to build 30 homes on the site of a former hospital would address a shortfall in affordable housing on the coast, according to developers.
The proposal, submitted by Minster Property Group to Great Yarmouth Borough Council, would see the development of land east of Churchill Road and north of Estcourt Road.
A number of hospital buildings have been removed from the site, which the NHS has confirmed is underutilised and surplus to requirements, since 1900, the application states.
The plans would see the demolition of a single building previously used for administrative purposes.
Documents submitted with the application say there is "a severe shortfall in the provision of affordable housing in the borough".
"The need for the proposed development is therefore acute, urgent and overwhelming," it adds.
Access to the estate would be from Churchill Road to the west.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 3 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 4 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
A decision is expected on the bid by February 12 next year.