Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- Credit: James Weeds
Additional stock has been made available for a local NHS vaccination centre.
The vaccination centre in Great Yarmouth's Market Gates will continue to be by appointment only, except for individuals who are 'hard to reach,' such as unpaid carers and homeless people.
In addition to this, the Louise Hamilton Centre based at James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston will be running additional vaccination clinics from Tuesday to Friday next week.
The clinics will be by appointment and are offering first doses for people in priority groups 1-10, which includes:
- Anyone aged 40 and over, or will turn 40 by 1 July 2021
- Individuals who are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
- Those aged 16+ who share a household with someone who has severe immunosuppression
- Health and social care staff
- Care home workers and residents
- Carers (16+, paid and unpaid)
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment, please ring 01493 453300 between 9am and 5pm this Saturday and Sunday (8 and 9 May).
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- 3 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 4 Man with cerebral palsy hits Norfolk on 1,900 mile run
- 5 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 6 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 7 Government looks set to delay lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions
- 8 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 9 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 10 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery