Great Yarmouth Air Show could attract 175,000 people over two days
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The launch of the Great Yarmouth Air Show 2018 has taken place, with details emerging of the event including the fact it is hoped 175,000 people will enjoy the spectacle.
The air show will be held the weekend of June 16 and 17.
It is hoped the air show could attract 175,000 people and boost the local economy by £10m.
Gareth Brown, chairman of the Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area, announced the dates for the show and said he believed it will become the biggest event in Yarmouth and across Norfolk and East Anglia and have the potential to boost the region’s economy.
More; air show announcedHe said there would be 100 stewards and 50 stalls will be set up along the seafront during the show.
Asa Morrison, the show’s event director, said it was hoped there would be a dozen aerial acts over the weekend, with planes due to appear over the seafront between 12pm and 5pm on both days.
It is hoped the full line up of acts will be confirmed by March.
The air show will be held the same weekend as the start of the World Cup in Russia.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
Mr Morrison said there was a 25pc chance of England playing that weekend in the football tournament.