Flying times for Great Yarmouth Air Show Displays are revealed
- Credit: MoD/Crown copyright 2007
The spectacular flying skills of the Red Arrows will star in a mid-afternoon “prime time” slot on both days of the new Great Yarmouth Air Show.
The nine Hawks of the RAF’s flagship display fliers will showcase their aerial skills between 3pm and 4pm on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17.
A flying schedule just released shows provisional timings for the weekend show – though organisers stress times are subject to change, depending on weather conditions and operational commitments that could take military displays elsewhere at short notice.
More than 175,000 people are expected to flock to the resort to get grandstand views of the debut Haven Great Yarmouth Air Show from the seafront. But others may get a glimpse of the aircraft as they fly in from a variety of airfields – including Seething, Beccles, Tibenham, and Old Buckenham.
The show is organised by the Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area in its drive to bring more visitors and spending power to the area and is expected to provide a £10m boost for the local economy.
People are being encouraged to plan their journeys, leave the car at home if they can, or to book now for Premium parking and park and ride tickets. Visit www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/air-show
The provisional flying schedule is:
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
SATURDAY, JUNE 16
1-2pm: Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Lancaster, Hurricane, Spitfire); Long EZ flying wing; The Blades aerobatics team of four Extras performance monoplanes; Tigers Army freefall parachute team
2-3pm: Bremont Great War Display Team; RotorSport Calidus autogyro; Wildcat Aerobatics biplane duo
3-4pm: RAF Red Arrows; Bronco 1960s recce and attack aircraft; Strikemaster jet; Catalina flying boat
4-5pm: Vampire vintage jet pair; AeroSuperBatics Wingwalkers; G-EWIZ Pitts Special; Spitfire Mk IX
SUNDAY, JUNE 17
1-2pm: Tigers Army freefall parachute team; Long EZ; G-EWIZ Pitts Special; Strikemaster jet; RAF Tutor T1
2-3pm: Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fighter pair Hurricane and Spitfire; Bremont Great War Display Team; RotorSport Calidus autogyro
3-4pm: RAF Red Arrows; Bronco; Wildcats; Catalina
4-5pm: Vampire vintage jet pair; The Blades; AeroSuperBatics Wingwalkers; Spitfire Mk IX