Golf day to support east coast cancer support fundraisers
- Credit: James Bass
A golf day on the east coast will be raising funds for a cancer support charity.
The Great Yarmouth and Caister Golf Club is hosting a charity golf day on behalf of the Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Macmillan Cancer Support Committee on Friday, June 22.
It will be a pairs competition and the fees will be £20 for members and £35 for guests, which will include a barbecue in the evening.
There will also be a raffle and auction taking place.
Last year’s golf day in support of the committee raised more than £5,000.
Anyone interested in playing should contact the golf club’s Pro Shop on 01493 728699 for further information.
If any company or individual would be interested in sponsoring the day, a hole, or donating a prize for the raffle, they can contact Carol Calver on 01493 730990.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 10 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
The committee have raised about £1m in five decades for Macmillan Cancer Support.