Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a small bakery in Great Yarmouth is searching for another premises to run their business after their first shop was "condemned dangerous."
Eloise's cakes&bakes opened up in Victoria Arcade in the town earlier this year following the success of their home delivery service throughout the lockdowns.
Owner Eloise Alvey began selling baked goods for delivery which proved to be a hit, with customers encouraging her to open up her first shop.
But following the move, the owner announced on the Eloise's caked&bakes Facebook page on Monday, July 19, that they have "no choice" but to close the shop after having "nothing but problems from the very start."
The post added: "The shop has now been condemned dangerous by the appropriate professionals."
The owner said it has been an "extremely stressful" time for all involved at the business but that they will continue daily deliveries from Monday to Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"We have to put ourselves, our staff and customers' safety first", the post added.
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Do you recognise this man?
- 4 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 5 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 6 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role