Great Yarmouth youngsters put best feet forward for Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
Children in Great Yarmouth toddled their way towards raising a wonderful £606.70 last year, to help Barnardo’s transform the lives of vulnerable youngsters.
Under-fives joined The Big Toddle 2017 run by the UK’s leading children’s charity, which supports hundreds of thousands of children, young people, parents and carers each year.
And now the charity is again calling for nurseries, schools and families to put their best foot forward and take part in this year’s Big Toddle week from June 14 and 24. For the second consecutive year the Big Toddle is run in partnership with the much-loved CBeebies TV show, Teletubbies.
A spokesman said: “This year’s theme is “Nature”, with lots of opportunities for creative dressing up as animals, insects, flowers or even jungle creatures. By signing up to the Big Toddle you can access exclusive nature-themed early years learning resources.
Our partners the Teletubbies love outdoor playtime too, with free nature-themed downloads on our website.”
Those who register at www.bigtoddle.co.uk or by calling 0800 008 7005 will receive a Big Toddle pack containing information and fundraising ideas.
Barnardo’s Director for the East, Steve Oversby, said: “I’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part in last year’s Big Toddle.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 5 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 6 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
“The Big Toddle events organised by communities, nurseries and families are a great way of helping Barnardo’s continue our work supporting vulnerable children, young people, parents and carers – and a fantastic opportunity for the under-5s to have fun with their friends and families.”