Have your say on affordable homes on the coast
- Credit: Google Streetview
Residents and local businesses have been invited to have their say on plans to provide up to 42 additional affordable council houses at three sites on the coast.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is working with Broadland Housing Association to build 16 new homes on land at Crab Lane, Gorleston, 18 on part of Beach Coach Station car park, as well as eight off Great Northern Close in Great Yarmouth.
The flats will be let through the Council Housing Association Scheme.
The properties will all be one-bedroom flats suitable for housing up to two people, along with communal garden areas and dedicated car parking.
The flats will be built over two or three storeys, depending on location.
You may also want to watch:
This pre-planning consultation is to seek views on the proposals to develop the sites and the indicative designs.
The consultation is open between Thursday, October 15 and Thursday, October 29.
- 1 Summer is saved! Resort braced for 'full-on' season
- 2 Holiday parks on coast to reopen after Easter
- 3 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 4 'Valued and enthusiastic' traffic warden died in hospital, inquest hears
- 5 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 WATCH: Homes torn down to make way for new £121m river crossing
- 8 'Skippy' the hedgehog saved from being crushed to death at recycling centre
- 9 Plans for light-up advertising boards at accident hotspot rejected
- 10 Complaints over smell from bird droppings sparks extra street cleaning
Cllr Andy Grant, chairman of the housing committee, said “These plans are a fantastic opportunity to provide additional affordable homes as part of our ongoing Housing Strategy in the borough.
“Increasing the delivery of suitable housing has been a priority of the councils for many years now and we are striving to meet the varied housing needs of our community.”
For more information on the consultation and to have your say, visit www.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/have-your-say.
If you have issues accessing the information online, contact Broadland Housing on 01603 750274.