Have your say on affordable homes on the coast
- Credit: Google Streetview
Residents and local businesses have been invited to have their say on plans to provide up to 42 additional affordable council houses at three sites on the coast.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is working with Broadland Housing Association to build 16 new homes on land at Crab Lane, Gorleston, 18 on part of Beach Coach Station car park, as well as eight off Great Northern Close in Great Yarmouth.
The flats will be let through the Council Housing Association Scheme.
The properties will all be one-bedroom flats suitable for housing up to two people, along with communal garden areas and dedicated car parking.
The flats will be built over two or three storeys, depending on location.
You may also want to watch:
This pre-planning consultation is to seek views on the proposals to develop the sites and the indicative designs.
The consultation is open between Thursday, October 15 and Thursday, October 29.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 7 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 8 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
Cllr Andy Grant, chairman of the housing committee, said “These plans are a fantastic opportunity to provide additional affordable homes as part of our ongoing Housing Strategy in the borough.
“Increasing the delivery of suitable housing has been a priority of the councils for many years now and we are striving to meet the varied housing needs of our community.”
For more information on the consultation and to have your say, visit www.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/have-your-say.
If you have issues accessing the information online, contact Broadland Housing on 01603 750274.