New cafe bid for Great Yarmouth Rows
- Credit: Google Maps
A former shop in Great Yarmouth could see new life as a cafe as a planning application comes before the borough council.
The premises, on Broad Row, is currently vacant, having once traded as an Asian grocery store, Oriental Taste.
The planning application states that Mohundass Mohabeer is proposing to change the use of the premises from retail store to cafe.
The business would occupy the property's ground floor.
Opening hours would be from 9am to 6pm on Monday to Saturday and 9am to 4.30pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the application is expected by April 26.
In recent years, Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust has been involved in a number of projects to regenerate the Rows, from conservation to new signage displaying the lane's names.
- 1 'Completely new arcade' - Nine businesses to open in historic mall
- 2 Can you help the police trace this wanted man?
- 3 Warm tributes to true lifeboat legend who 'knew everyone and loved a pint'
- 4 All our Wetherspoon pubs opening on April 12 and how it will work
- 5 Urgent overnight road closure in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Coronavirus on the coast: Resort records one of lowest rates in UK
- 7 New cafe bid for Great Yarmouth Rows
- 8 'People have to remain vigilant' - reed cutter's boat engine stolen
- 9 Man fined for not wearing face mask in BP Garage
- 10 Coastal erosion: Help for clifftop homeowner as he considers 'plan Z'