Yarmouth's Charlie Chaplin busker lands role in acclaimed BBC drama
- Credit: Ant Arnold
A busker who entertains people in Great Yarmouth with his Charlie Chaplin act has appeared in a BBC drama about a serial killer.
The gripping drama is about serial killer Stephen Port and the family of his victims' fight for justice, which saw major failings in the police investigation.
Port drugged and murdered four young men in London and was jailed for a full life term in 2016.
Mr Arnold, 54, features in a scene in the show's first episode where he waves at Port's second victim Gabriel Kovari, who is sketching the Charlie Chaplin act.
He said he was chosen for the cameo role to represent the "Charlie Chaplinesque" nature of the widely condemned police investigation.
The show went into production in 2019 but the the programme was only broadcast this month after the conclusion of a jury inquest into the deaths.
Mr Arnold, who holds an Equity acting card, said: "I can be seen standing in a street and waving to the second victim.
- 1 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 2 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 3 'Sold as seen' - two-bed house gutted by fire goes on the market
- 4 Quaint Caister cottage fixer-upper goes under the hammer
- 5 Multiple fire crews tackle overnight blaze in Norfolk home
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues woman from Great Yarmouth river
- 7 Plea as ducklings routinely snatched by killer seagulls
- 8 GP wished they could have done more for man found dead at home
- 9 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 10 'Historic' ground share agreement sealed for season
"They just told me to spin my stick and wave.
"I have never done anything for the BBC before and it was exciting to be involved. I have had a lot of comments from people saying we saw you on that show."
The scene with Mr Arnold was shot in Salford and he took his wife Gill with him to the Greater Manchester city, which was representing London.
As well as Yarmouth he is well-known for busking in Norwich.
Four Lives saw The Office star Stephen Merchant portraying serial killer Port and Sheridan Smith playing Sarak Sak, the mother of his first victim, Anthony Walgate.
An inquest into the four deaths concluded last month, with the jury ruling that failings by the Metropolitan Police contributed to the deaths of Port's final three victims.
Port killed his four victims between 2014 and 2015.
Four Lives is available on the BBC iPlayer.