New hair salon could open in Yarmouth
- Credit: Google Maps
A new hair and beauty salon could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application gets the thumbs-up.
The bid would see a vacant building, formerly used as a workshop and garage, on High Mill Road in Cobholm renovated and converted.
A document supporting the application states that property "has been neglected for a number of years".
The salon would employ one full-time and two part-time staff working at two hair-washing stations and three cutting and styling chairs.
Opening hours would be from 9am to 6pm on Monday to Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The applicant has said there is a demand for a hair salon in the area, which is mainly residential, with "many... [having] closed over recent years".
According to Google Maps, only one such business, Beau Micheals on Mill Road, is currently trading in Cobholm.
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
Most hair salons are on the other side of the river.
A decision on the bid is expected by August 12.