New hair salon could open in Yarmouth
- Credit: Google Maps
A new hair and beauty salon could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application gets the thumbs-up.
The bid would see a vacant building, formerly used as a workshop and garage, on High Mill Road in Cobholm renovated and converted.
A document supporting the application states that property "has been neglected for a number of years".
The salon would employ one full-time and two part-time staff working at two hair-washing stations and three cutting and styling chairs.
Opening hours would be from 9am to 6pm on Monday to Saturday.
The applicant has said there is a demand for a hair salon in the area, which is mainly residential, with "many... [having] closed over recent years".
According to Google Maps, only one such business, Beau Micheals on Mill Road, is currently trading in Cobholm.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
Most hair salons are on the other side of the river.
A decision on the bid is expected by August 12.