Cyclist hospitalised after crash in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been hospitalised after a crash in Great Yarmouth.
Police were called at 12.05pm (April 21) to reports of a serious collision between a car and a woman in her 50s on Lawn Avenue.
East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
A spokesperson for the air ambulance said that Anglia One was tasked from Norwich to Great Yarmouth to assist emergency services with the injured woman.
The pilots landed the helicopter on a nearby school field before a doctor and two paramedics provided care at the scene and accompanied the patient to James Paget Hospital, by land ambulance, for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists were diverted away from Lawn Avenue while officers sealed off the scene with tape.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition