Woman's bid to open dog daycare centre
- Credit: Submitted
A new daycare centre for dogs could open on the coast as plans come before a local council.
Karley Richards, 40, who lives in Gorleston, is hoping to open the centre in an industrial unit on Sinclair Court in Bradwell.
The change-of-use bid states there would be no major alterations to the building, which is currently vacant, except for the provision of an outside area to allow for a secure dog run and internal areas for screening of dogs, as well as a quiet area for older canines.
Ms Richards, who works part-time, said: "I've just always been known as mad dog lady."
If the plans are approved the centre would open from 8am to 6pm, beginning next February.
You may also want to watch:
Rates would be £20 per day.
"I will wear the dogs out and they will have fun," Ms Richards said.
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 Wigwams approved - but villagers feel 'overpowered' by tourist industry
- 8 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 9 Missing man found safe and well
- 10 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is expected to make a decision by December 24.