The Empire Gives Back - free Christmas lunch at Yarmouth venue
- Credit: The Empire
Great Yarmouth's Empire seafront venue will be offering a free meal to all on Christmas Day.
The free festive lunch, which was organised by volunteers from GYnet and will be held at the Empire, is a chance for anyone who is lonely over Christmas to celebrate the festive season with some company.
Jack Jay, director of the Empire, said: "This is such a tough time of year for so many people and we want to help in any we can.
"When we were asked about the possibility of hosting the event we were thrilled to be able to assist.
"We are aware of the concerns around the current Covid cases, but we feel confident this event can be staged in a safe way."
The Christmas day event will begin with hot drinks at 11.30am and dinner will be served until 1pm.
Information about the event will be posted on the GYnet and The Empire Facebook pages.
- 1 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 4 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 5 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 6 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 10 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
If you would like to enquire about volunteering then please contact GYnet via Facebook.