More than 200 cannabis plants found at ‘factory’ in disused hotel
- Credit: Archant
A cannabis farm of more than 200 plants has been found at a disused hotel on Great Yarmouth’s seafront.
Officers from Norfolk Police went to the building, believed to be the former Europa Hotel on Marine Parade, at 12.40pm on Monday (March 2) after receiving a tip-off.
They found more than 200 young cannabis plants and associated growing equipment.
A man, aged in his 40s and from the London area, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of producing cannabis.
He has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone with information or who saw anything suspicious in the area to call 101 quoting reference 36/15373/20.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed