Search

Great Yarmouth flat fire

PUBLISHED: 15:19 09 February 2009 | UPDATED: 12:58 03 July 2010

THREE people needed rehousing after a fire badly damaged their flat in Great Yarmouth in the early hours of this morning (Monday). The residents, all Portuguese nationals, were forced to leave their Salisbury Road home after an electrical fault in some wiring caused the blaze at around 1.

THREE people needed rehousing after a fire badly damaged their flat in Great Yarmouth in the early hours of Monday morning. The residents, all Portuguese nationals, were forced to leave their Salisbury Road home after an electrical fault in some wiring caused the blaze at around 1.55am. Two fire crews from Great Yarmouth using hose reel jets quickly put out the fire and the borough council were called in to find a new accommodation for the three people.

ends


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury