“Don’t be afraid to ask for advice” – international freight firm boss’s start-up tips
- Credit: Dap UK
When he left school at 16 and joined a local freight company Clive Julian was determined to make something of himself.
Now further down the road in his career he is owner and chief executive of freight management company Dap UK and employs 28 staff.
The firm recently moved into new premises in Great Yarmouth in addition to its premises in Felixstowe.
Having built an international company Mr Julian said his advice to others setting out in business was to not be afraid to ask advice and never to brush a problem under the carpet.
He said: 'I have encountered many challenges and setbacks over the years, working through the problems in a methodical and organised way will get you through these difficult times.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Be confident in your own ability and determination to succeed but be prepared for setbacks, they will make you and your business stronger.'
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term