Christmas markets 'spread out across the borough'
- Credit: James Weeds
You've heard of party in the park, now Great Yarmouth will be hosting markets in the park.
This year's Christmas programme for the borough will see a wide-reaching event organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Christmas in the Parks will see food markets, fairground rides and a Santa's grotto bringing festive cheer from November 26 until December 5.
The event will be held in St George's Park and the Boating Lake and Priory Gardens in Gorleston.
Both parks will have pitches offering food, drinks and gifts and the Boating Lake will be home to Father Christmas.
A tunnel of lights is expected to lead the way from the market place to St George's Park.
There will also be a pantomime hosted inside the Town Hall between December 23 and January 2.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 6 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
- 7 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 8 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 9 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 10 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
Carl Smith, council leader, said: "With last year's winter programme cancelled, this year's is full steam ahead.
"This Christmas, we're spreading out across the borough and it's looking to be fantastic."