Christmas markets 'spread out across the borough'
- Credit: James Weeds
You've heard of party in the park, now Great Yarmouth will be hosting markets in the park.
This year's Christmas programme for the borough will see a wide-reaching event organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Christmas in the Parks will see food markets, fairground rides and a Santa's grotto bringing festive cheer from November 26 until December 5.
The event will be held in St George's Park and the Boating Lake and Priory Gardens in Gorleston.
Both parks will have pitches offering food, drinks and gifts and the Boating Lake will be home to Father Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
A tunnel of lights is expected to lead the way from the market place to St George's Park.
There will also be a pantomime hosted inside the Town Hall between December 23 and January 2.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 8 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 9 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 10 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
Carl Smith, council leader, said: "With last year's winter programme cancelled, this year's is full steam ahead.
"This Christmas, we're spreading out across the borough and it's looking to be fantastic."