Holiday company launches life-saving partnership
- Credit: Archant
A new partnership is hoping to help save lives at sea.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) has become the exclusive national charity of family holiday company, Haven, and by sharing vital water safety messages the pair aim to safeguard seaside holiday makers.
The partnership will see the RNLI fully integrated across all 36 of the company’s holiday parks, including Hopton, Caister, Great Yarmouth Seashore and Wild Duck in Belton.
The alliance will last at least three years and the RNLI are confident that Haven holiday parks will offer the ideal platform from which to spread potentially life-saving sea safety advice.
Leesa Harwood, director of community lifesaving at the RNLI, said: “Our partnership with Haven is an exciting opportunity to talk with thousands of families enjoying coastal holidays about safety around the water.
“Our volunteers and staff will be working alongside the Haven team at holiday parks and around the coast to create fun family activities, share essential safety advice and raise money to support our ongoing drowning prevention and lifesaving work.”
The RNLI consists of 238 volunteer lifeboat crews and during the holiday season they patrol more than 240 British beaches, ensuring the safety of the public.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
Jane Bentall, managing director at Haven, said the company was “proud” of the partnership.
She said: “This partnership gives us a huge opportunity to share vital water safety messaging with all our guests.
“As a family holiday provider with locations all around the British coast we have a safe and secure attitude towards water and beach activities, which makes the RNLI the perfect fit for Haven.
“We are very proud to be partnering with the RNLI over the next three years.”
As part of the partnership, Haven will be proactively supporting the RNLI’s Mayday and Fish Supper fundraising campaigns through a combination of on-site events and activities aimed at encouraging families to discover more about the importance of beach safety.
On top of this, Haven is introducing a brand-new activity Coastal Explorer event, created in conjunction with the RNLI.
This free activity will be available from May 1 and will give holidaymakers the opportunity to take part in an expert guided beach safety session.