Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- Credit: Daniel Hickey
Firefighters have tackled a blaze in a house in Great Yarmouth town centre.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue service were called to reports of a fire in a property on Howard Street South just after 3pm on Saturday (May 15).
Police were already at the scene.
Two fire appliances, one each from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, attended.
Alex Cook, incident commander, said: "It was a small fire in a basement, believed to be deliberate.
"Because of the location, being in a basement, it was difficult to extinguish and ventilate," he added.
The firefighters took 30 minutes to put out the blaze.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 4 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 8 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston