Great Yarmouth man jailed after sex attack
A MAN has been jailed for five years and nine months after pleading guilty to the rape and sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman in Great Yarmouth.
It happened at an address in Britannia Road in Great Yarmouth in the early hours of Thursday, March 8.
Ladislav Pokuta, 24, of Coronation Terrace in the town, was one of a group of men who had told the young victim that they would get her home after she had been out at a nightclub in Great Yarmouth.
She was taken to the Britannia Road property where Pokuta grabbed her, sexually assaulted her and then raped her.
He was arrested soon after the incident and was subsequently charged with one count of rape and one count of sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
He pleaded guilty to both charges and was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday, July 18, to 69 months (five years and nine months) less 123 days spent on remand.
He was also disqualified from working with children and ordered to sign on the sex offenders register for an indefinite period.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 5 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 10 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council