Pedestrian hit by motorcyclist on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
Great Yarmouth seafront had to be closed after a collision between a motorcyclist and a pedestrian.
Emergency services were called to Marine Parade at shortly after 4pm on Sunday following reports of a serious accident.
The main seafront road, which is part of the seaside resort’s golden mile, had to be closed with police saying they “expected it to be closed for some time”. It has now been reopened.
Motorists and members of the public were asked to avoid the area, while emergency services dealt with the collision.
Marine Parade is one of the busiest sections of the seafront and is popular with holidaymakers crossing between the beach and arcades, bars and restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
The seafront also attracts a large number of motorcyclists.
- 1 Do you recognise this man?
- 2 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 3 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 4 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 5 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 6 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- 8 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Finding it hard to get a taxi in Great Yarmouth? Here's why