Great Yarmouth marks national falls week
OLDER people can get important advice on the simple steps they can take to prevent them from suffering a fall during a series of special events taking place next week.
Staff from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Community Services will be hosting the sessions to coincide with Age UK’s national falls awareness week, which begins on Monday.
The week has been titled Watch Your Step and focuses on the link between reduced vision and falls.
Staff will then host an information stall in Asda, Great Yarmouth on Tuesday, June 21 , from 10am to 3pm, in which they will give advice to the public on avoiding falls and looking after their health.
In addition, NHS GYW is also working with Asda’s opticians, who will be offering a free spectacle MOT during the week, as well as Morse Opticians in Tan Lane, Caister.
You may also want to watch:
Pam Fenner, director of clinical transformation (nursing) with NHS GYW, said:
“We’ll be giving out as much information as we can during these events and would encourage anybody who is worried about themselves or a family member to drop in and see how the falls team can help you.”
- 1 Woman, 30s, repeatedly punched in face during assault at Asda
- 2 The most wanted men in Norfolk: have you seen these criminals?
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Delays expected in Great Yarmouth due to quayside roadworks
- 5 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 8 Funding worth £98m secured for Yarmouth's Third River Crossing
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
For more advice on preventing falls, please contact the falls team on 01502 535122.