This air show is good for our borough
- Credit: Squdron Leader Mike Ling (Royal
I am quite looking forward to the air show in Great Yarmouth on the seafront.
But I am not so sure about whether we can cope with all the traffic and all the people who are said to be wanting to come here?
There are only three roads into Great Yarmouth – the Acle Straight from the west, the A47 (was the A12) from the south and Lowestoft, and the back road through the villages from Acle roundabout to Caister.
Have the villages been warned they will be facing a steady stream of traffic at the peak times before the air show starts and finishes? And if I were the pubs and businesses along the road through the villages – particularly Filby and Fleggburgh I would be advertising my business to get people to stop.
I think this air show is not only for the visitors and the business in Yarmouth and the Golden Mile but also for the whole of the borough. An opportunity for all businesses to have a good weekend and welcome new people and show off our part of Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Four arrests and 11 fines for teen's vigil - but friends slam 'rave' label
- 2 Shops and homes bid for former village police station
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Woman praises police after tools worth £1k found following break-in
- 5 Yarmouth chosen as pilot for economic recovery scheme
- 6 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 7 Police on scene as mass vigil for teen enters second day
- 8 Covid roadmap: What can you do from today?
- 9 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 10 Up to £2,000 for hospitality businesses unable to open at Easter