Great Yarmouth MP backs fuel bill funding help
NEW figures have revealed that in Great Yarmouth approximately 8,200 homes are entitled to some form of assistance with their fuel bills.
They have prompted Yarmouth’s MP Brandon Lewis to call for residents to contact the Home Heat Helpline if they are struggling to afford to heat their homes, something worth an average of �250 per household.
Lending his support to the campaign, Mr Lewis said: “Around 8,200 homes within the Great Yarmouth Borough are entitled to some form of support. Anyone who is concerned about staying warm this winter should call the Home Heat Helpline and seek advice.
“I would also ask people to look out for neighbours, friends or relatives who may be in difficulty and make sure that they are aware of the Home Heat Helpline. Residents have nothing to lose by contacting this line and potentially a lot to gain.”
Christine McGourty from the Home Heat Helpline also advised people to take steps such as turning radiators down in rooms that not regularly used, switching off lights when they’re not needed, defrosting freezers regularly and drawing curtains at night to provide insultation to lower bills.
The number for the Home Heat Helpline is 0800 33 66 99 or you can visit www.homeheathelpline.org.uk.
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 4 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 5 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 6 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 7 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 8 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 9 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 10 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022