Great Yarmouth MP experiencing 'mild symptoms' after positive Covid test
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Another Norfolk MP has announced he has tested positive for Covid-19.
Great Yarmouth MP Brandon Lewis confirmed on Twitter that he is currently experiencing mild symptoms after contracting the virus.
In a tweet, Mr Lewis said: "I have tested positive for coronavirus. Thanks to the vaccine I am so far only experiencing mild symptoms.
"I have been self isolating since I first experienced signs of symptoms and following my positive PCR result I will continue to do so in line with government regulations."
Mr Lewis is the latest MP to have tested positive for coronavirus after George Freeman, MP for Mid-Norfolk, confirmed he also had a positive test result.
Mr Freeman thanked the ambulance service after he experienced breathing difficulties.
On Twitter, he said: "Sorry to report I’ve had a bad attack of Covid over last 3 days w difficulty breathing on Fri/Sat (thanks to @EastEnglandAmb team for your help)."
Mr Freeman will remain in isolation until Monday, November 15.
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 4 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 5 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 6 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 9 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 10 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house