Great Yarmouth GP surgery taken-over by new care provider
A GP surgery has been taken over by a new care provider who now run three practices in the area.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group has announced East Norfolk Medical Practice (ENMP) as the provider of primary care medical services for a GP surgery in Great Yarmouth.
ENMP will run Nelson Medical Practice, in Pasteur Road, from Thursday, November 1.
Jonathan Knights, managing partner at ENMP, said: “We are delighted that we have been awarded this contract and look forward to providing high quality GP services to the Nelson patients.
“Once the contract begins, three of our experienced GPs will be based at Nelson so all patients will have a personal doctor to provide them continuity of care.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, patients will be able to benefit from our practice’s wider healthcare team so they can be seen by the most appropriate professional for their needs. This includes our urgent care team, which is based a short, 10-minute walk away at the Lighthouse, which can be accessed for urgent treatment.”
The practice’s 6,500 registered patients do not need to take any action, and will be able to continue accessing services and appointments as normal.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
The four year and 11 month contract was awarded following an open procurement process.
Mr Knights added: “Patients registered at the Nelson will also be able to access additional services provided from our other sites, such as wellbeing groups, innovative diabetic services, our hepatitis C clinic and Tai Chi, for sufferers of fibromyalgia.”
ENMP currently looks after around 25,000 patients and operates from three sites – the Newtown Surgery and Lighthouse Medical Centre, both in Great Yarmouth, and the Caister Medical Centre.
It takes over the Nelson Medical Practice from current provider East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH).
Leaflets giving further information will be available at the surgery or on East Norfolk Medical Practice’s website at www.enmp.co.uk
Alternatively, patients who have any questions can ask at the surgery or call the CCG’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01502 719567.