Great Yarmouth Nelson Museum seeks volunteers
THE Nelson Museum is looking for new volunteers to supplement the existing volunteer team.
The museum, at 26 South Quay, Great Yarmouth needs friendly, motivated people to help at reception and occasionally with other tasks. Training will be given and no experience or maritime knowledge is necessary.
There are many varied roles within the museum that volunteers can perform. The most important, which enables the museum to stay open, is that of reception cover.
Learning and access officer Rhiannon O’Halloran-Waddell said: “Most volunteers go in for one or two half-days each week to ensure that reception runs smoothly.
“This involves dealing with the public, using the till, answering the phone and dealing with inquiries and deliveries etc.
“This can be a varied and rewarding way of spending time while contributing to a worthwhile project in Great Yarmouth. We are currently seeking volunteers who are available Monday afternoons from 1.30pm to 5pm or Friday mornings from 9.30am to 1.30pm.”
The museum is also looking for anyone with carpentry skills who would like to volunteer on a periodic basis as a handyman.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
Volunteers are given regular training days, an end of season gathering and a Christmas “do”.
l Anyone interested can contact Rhiannon on 01493 850698 as soon as you are able, or pop in or phone for an application form.