Samurai sword robbery suspect is still on the loose
- Credit: Archant
Police are still searching for a robbery suspect who sparked an armed police operation in Great Yarmouth.
The suspect was one of two offenders who are said to have robbed a man at the town’s main Tesco store on Tuesday morning with one of the suspects possessing a samurai sword.
Following the report of the robbery armed police then sealed off Victoria Road with officers entering a property, where no arrests were made.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said the suspect was still on the loose and a blunt samurai sword had been recovered by officers as part of the large scale operation following the robbery report.
Police have arrested and released a 16-year-old male in connection with Tuesday’s robbery incident, in which clothes and jewellery were said to have been stolen from the victim’s car.
You may also want to watch:
The victim sustained a minor injury that did not require treatment.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 4 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 5 Drug dealer who targeted young people in Great Yarmouth jailed
- 6 'So proud' - School staff clap for children to mark 'phenomenal' work
- 7 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 8 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 9 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 10 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown