Great Yarmouth singer's 'amazing experience' at London 02
- Credit: Supplied
Macie Nyah knew she would be nervous performing in front of 3,000 people, but as soon as she got on stage her nerves disappeared.
Performing at the Indigo at the 02 in the finals of the Alpha Unsigned competition - with the winner granted a £100,000 record deal - the Great Yarmouth singer lived a lifelong dream on Wednesday night.
While Macie Nyah - real name Macie Lewis - didn't bag the contract, she gained confidence in her ability and sees the competition as a stepping stone on her path to a career in the music industry.
Macie said: "The competition was incredible.
"I performed the best I could and every single act had something different to offer."
The competition was won by London-based singer Lois Morgan Gay.
"I cried when Lois won - I was so happy for her," Macie said.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 8 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 9 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
"All the performers were so talented, you didn't know who would win."
Macie will be performing at The Tramway in Gorleston on Saturday from 8pm, before returning to university on Sunday.