Survey - How have your takeaway ordering habits changed?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Covid pandemic has seen a rise in people turning to takeaways after pubs and restaurants closed their doors to customers across the borough.
For people needing a weekend night time treat or mid-week pick-me-up, takeaways across the Great Yarmouth and Gorleston areas provided an easy to use and tasty solution.
Platforms such as Just Eat and Deliveroo saw significant jumps in order numbers during lockdown, and restaurants, cafés and street food traders focused on delivery to earn an income.
The rate of demand may have slowed as restaurants across the borough reopened and booking a table once again became an option, but for many a takeaway is still now a regular part of the week.
We'd like to know how your eating out - or in - habits have changed over the last 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
Please do fill in our short, and anonymous, survey below.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 10 Do you recognise this man?