Great Yarmouth woman killed in car crash
A WOMAN who died after she was hit by a car in Southwold yesterday was from the Yarmouth area, police have confirmed.The 64-year-old died at the scene of the collision in the Godyll Road / Lorne Road at about 11.
A WOMAN who died after she was hit by a car in Southwold yesterday was from the Yarmouth area, police have confirmed.
The 64-year-old died at the scene of the collision in the Godyll Road / Lorne Road at about 11.30am.
Police have also confirmed that the driver of the car, who was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with a head injury, was married to the victim.
The road near Southwold Common was closed for several hours as traffic police carried out investigations into the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Details of the condition of the injured man have not yet been released.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Suffolk police's serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 7 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'