Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- Credit: Google Maps
An end-of-terrace house in a prominent street is looking to host a grocery store.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is being asked to consider an application to site a shop at 13 St George's Road, next to the former Art College building.
According to papers the conversion involves a large domestic storage room to the right of the front door which is little-used.
Under the plans a bay window would be replaced with a door, creating an entrance to the shop, and a toilet added in the corner.
People living in the six flats which make up the building will retain their own entrance.
You may also want to watch:
The documents say the owner wants to "optimise the use of the building and is aware of the need for a small grocery store or similar, thus bringing into use a wasted room."
People have until August 19 to have their say.
To view the plans visit the borough council's planning portal via its website.
- 1 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 2 Do you recognise this man?
- 3 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 4 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 5 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 6 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- 8 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role