Guides' north Norfolk trip
Girl Guides were treated to a trip to the north Norfolk coast at the weekend as part of the celebrations for the organisation's centenary year.Around 150 Gorleston District Guides and senior section members visited north Norfolk at the weekend.
Girl Guides were treated to a trip to the north Norfolk coast at the weekend as part of the celebrations for the organisation's centenary year.
Around 150 Gorleston District Guides and senior section members visited north Norfolk at the weekend.
As well as a trip to Amazona Zoo in Cromer, the group went to Kelling Heath Holiday Park, whose director Michael Timewell is also an ambassador for the Girl Guides.
At Kelling Heath they were given the chance to take part in different activities including pond dipping and nature walks.
You may also want to watch:
The group were also treated to a barbecue, and had a camp sing song, where they were joined by some of the guests staying at Kelling Heath who were either current or former members of the Guiding movement.
Jenny Richardson, assistant district commissioner of the group, said: “It was a fantastic day, especially when some of the former Girl Guides members joined in the sing song.”
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 8 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 9 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 10 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site