Have you seen missing pet parrot in Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: Archant
A distraught animal lover from Great Yarmouth is appealing for help to track down her beloved pet parrot after he flew out of the house.
Sydney, an African grey, swooped out of the back door at around 2pm on Wednesday and has not been seen since.
His owner Linda Cox, from Bermondsey Place East, said it was unlike the young bird to fly off and she is now desperate to get him back.
“He walks about normally. We have got two ridgebacks and a puppy and he walks about with them,” she said.
“It’s just like part of the family’s gone. We have had him outside and he’s never attempted to fly. He just went and didn’t stop.
“We’ve searched everywhere.”
Sydney, who will be two in September, escaped while Linda was cleaning out his cage.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
She added: “I was at the bottom of the cage getting the toys out. He pushed past me at the top and just flew. The back door was open and he flew out and off to the left, and that’s the last time anybody’s ever seen him.”
Linda believes Sydney may have made it someone’s house and is now keen to spread her appeal so people know he is missing. The family are offering a reward for his return.
Anyone who has seen him should call Linda on 07747 380804.