Have you seen missing pet parrot in Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: Archant
A distraught animal lover from Great Yarmouth is appealing for help to track down her beloved pet parrot after he flew out of the house.
Sydney, an African grey, swooped out of the back door at around 2pm on Wednesday and has not been seen since.
His owner Linda Cox, from Bermondsey Place East, said it was unlike the young bird to fly off and she is now desperate to get him back.
“He walks about normally. We have got two ridgebacks and a puppy and he walks about with them,” she said.
“It’s just like part of the family’s gone. We have had him outside and he’s never attempted to fly. He just went and didn’t stop.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve searched everywhere.”
Sydney, who will be two in September, escaped while Linda was cleaning out his cage.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 5 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 6 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
She added: “I was at the bottom of the cage getting the toys out. He pushed past me at the top and just flew. The back door was open and he flew out and off to the left, and that’s the last time anybody’s ever seen him.”
Linda believes Sydney may have made it someone’s house and is now keen to spread her appeal so people know he is missing. The family are offering a reward for his return.
Anyone who has seen him should call Linda on 07747 380804.