Haven Bridge closed to pedestrians and cars on Sunday morning
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Haven Bridge in Great Yarmouth will be closed on Sunday morning for routine maintenance.
Work is being carried out from 4am to 8am but the bridge will remain shut until around 12 noon while road surface treatment is applied.
The two separate projects are being co-ordinated to minimise disruption and are timed ahead of the main summer season.
Work began on Tuesday to carry out surface treatment on South Denes Road, Southgates Road, South Quay and Haven Bridge.
The process will extend the life of the existing asphalt surface and should be completed on Sunday subject to the weather.
You may also want to watch:
During the roadworks traffic will be controlled by temporary lane closures and stop/go boards.
The works on South Quay and Haven Bridge will be carried out on Sunday to tie-in with a planned bridge closure on the same day.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 3 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 4 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 5 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 6 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 7 Virtual Christmas light switch-on brings town 'out of darkness of Covid'
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 10 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
The resurfacing work will cost £56,000.
It is understood EastPort needs the bridge to be lifted for the work to be done.
The footway will be closed and a taxi service has been arranged to ferry pedestrians from one side of the bridge to the other.
Once the works are completed at 8am the footway over the bridge will be available for pedestrian use.