Haven Bridge closed to pedestrians and cars on Sunday morning
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Haven Bridge in Great Yarmouth will be closed on Sunday morning for routine maintenance.
Work is being carried out from 4am to 8am but the bridge will remain shut until around 12 noon while road surface treatment is applied.
The two separate projects are being co-ordinated to minimise disruption and are timed ahead of the main summer season.
Work began on Tuesday to carry out surface treatment on South Denes Road, Southgates Road, South Quay and Haven Bridge.
The process will extend the life of the existing asphalt surface and should be completed on Sunday subject to the weather.
During the roadworks traffic will be controlled by temporary lane closures and stop/go boards.
The works on South Quay and Haven Bridge will be carried out on Sunday to tie-in with a planned bridge closure on the same day.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 6 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 9 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
The resurfacing work will cost £56,000.
It is understood EastPort needs the bridge to be lifted for the work to be done.
The footway will be closed and a taxi service has been arranged to ferry pedestrians from one side of the bridge to the other.
Once the works are completed at 8am the footway over the bridge will be available for pedestrian use.