Hayley's model look shines out ot judges
Hayley Bird is more used to making models and actors look their glamorous best.But now the 22-year-old make-up artist has taken centre stage as a model and wowed judges at a major fashion event.
Hayley Bird is more used to making models and actors look their glamorous best.
But now the 22-year-old make-up artist has taken centre stage as a model and wowed judges at a major fashion event.
Hayley, of Ormesby St Margaret, near Yarmouth, modelled for a salon at the L'Oreal International Academy, using her experience of working on fashion shoots and hit films such Oscar-winning Atonement to help create a startling and original look.
That has now clinched a village hair salon in Cambridgeshire a place at the cosmetic giant's regional beauty finals.
You may also want to watch:
Although she enjoyed her time modelling, Hayley says that at only 5ft, she may struggle to compete against the supermodels.
She said: “I suppose I am not leggy and tall enough to get much more work as a model.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
“It was a fantastic day though and I will be modelling again on a catwalk at the regional finals later this month.
“I did enjoy doing my own make- up as I know my face better than anyone else and know what my best features are.”
Hayley was persuaded to become a model after a work colleague suggested she show off her distinctive looks for the salon picture.
She said: “Normally at photo shoots I am wearing jeans and a make-up belt and look pretty unglamorous so it was nice to be a model for a while.”
The Yarmouth College performing-arts student works mostly as a photographic make- up artist in a style she describes as 'fashionably grimy'.
But her highlight so far was when she worked on smash-hit movie Atonement for a day and did the make-up in a dream sequence in which some young girls are shot.
Fashion photographer Mark Curtis, who took the picture of her, said: “I am really pleased for Hayley as she was a great model and an extremely talented make- up artist.
“It is always fantastic when nice things happen to good people.”
Hayley will take to the catwalk to represent the salon, Status, in Yaxley, Cambridgeshire, at the L'Oreal Colour Trophy regional finals on March 31 at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.